Justice R.K. Gauba
Justice R.K. GaubaJustice R.K. Gauba was born on 4th December 1957, in an Army family, and did his schooling at various stations, mainly from Kendriya Vidyalaya. Post his graduation from Osmania University, Hyderabad, he did his LL.B from Jabalpur University. He entered Madhya Pradesh Judicial Service on 24th November 1981. He was selected to and joined Delhi Judicial Service on 19th August 1983 and presided over the courts of Civil Judge, Metropolitan Magistrate and Rent Controller. He was promoted to the Delhi Higher Judicial Service on 20th November 1997 and served in many a jurisdiction, including as Special Judge for NDPS and anti-corruption cases as also municipal election disputes. He also exercised appellate jurisdiction under rent control law, Public Premises Act and against orders of MCD/DDA appellate tribunal. He was Chief Metropolitan Magistrate for Delhi during 1998-2000. He also presided over the MACT, Sessions Court, matrimonial cases. He was the Registrar Vigilance at Delhi High Court and Supreme Court during 2005-2010. He also served on deputation as Officer on Special Duty (Judicial) with the 1st Central Review Committee under POTA. He was elevated to High Court as an Additional Judge with effect from 15th December, 2014.
Justice Sangita Dhingra Sehgal
Justice Sangita Dhingra Sehgal
Born on 20th June, 1958 at Chandigarh, (India), Justice Sangita Dhingra Sehgal did her schooling and graduation from Chandigarh in the year 1978, obtained Law Degree (LL.B.) from Delhi University in the year 1981, did M. A. Public Administration from Panjab University in the year 1983, (L.L.M.) in the year 2004 and did her Ph.D. degree from Amity University, Noida in the year 2012.
Topper of her batch of 1984 Delhi Judicial Services (DJS), she joined Delhi Judicial Service (DJS) on 26.07.1985. She served as Sub-Judge (From 1985 to 1987), Metropolitan Magistrate and also Secretary of Legal Aid and Advise Committee (From 1987 to 1995), Competent Authority, Slums, Municipal Corporation of Delhi and Joint Director/Mobilisation Committee Development (From 1995 to 1997) and was promoted as Addl. Chief Metropolitan Magistrate in the year 1997 and exclusively dealt with Customs and FERA Act cases including the "‘Jain Hawala Case", "Match Fixing Case". She worked as Additional Sessions Judge in the year 2000 and dealt with "Lajpat Nagar Bomb Blast" case under Explosive Substances Act). She worked as Additional Sessions Judge-cum-Chief Metropolitan Magistrate (From 2000 to 2003) and being the only Chief Metropolitan Magistrate in the whole of Delhi, she looked after the entire administrative work pertaining to all Magistrates of Tis Hazari, Patiala House and Karkardooma courts and supervised functions of the entire Magistracy due to bifurcation of Delhi into five zones. During this tenure till 23rd June 2003, she was vested with the exclusive powers to deal with cases of Official Secrets Act. For the first time, Special Courts were organized in Tihar Jail and cases of undertrials languishing in Tihar Jail for long and involved in petty offences were dealt with. She worked as Secretary, Press Council of India (From 2003 to 2004) which is a statutory post established by Parliament under the Press Council Act, 1978. Thereafter, she worked as Member Secretary, Delhi Legal Services Authority (From 2004 to 2008) and on 08.03.2006, for the first time, Delhi Legal Services Authority launched Mobile Legal Services, on 10.03.2006, Summer and Winter Internship Programme for Law Interns of various Law Universities were started and also opened a 24 Hours Permanent Legal Services Clinic. She was posted as Additional District Judge (From 2008 to 2010) and Special Judge (Prevention of Corruption Act) (From 2010 to 2013) and dealt with “Cash for Vote Scam” case and a case against accused Dr. Ravi Inder Singh, IAS, Director, Internal Security, Ministry of Home Affairs, Govt. of India. She worked as District & Sessions Judge in the year 2013 and dealt with different cases of Public Premises Act, Essential Services Maintenance Act, Essential Commodities Act and RCT besides doing various administrative duties pertaining to Saket District. She remained Registrar General, High Court of Delhi from April, 2013 to December, 2014 and also worked as Registrar (Vigilance).
She was elevated to the Bench of High Court of Delhi as "Additional Judge" on 15th December, 2014 and became a Permanent Judge on 3rd June, 2016.
Being a Trained Mediator, number of lawyers at Raipur, Chandigarh, Udhampur, Ranchi, Bhubaneshwar and Aurangabad as well as number of judicial officers in Sikkim Judicial Academy and West Bengal Judicial Academy were trained by her.
She was a member of the Project Steering Committee (PSC) implemented by the Department of Justice, Ministry of Law & Justice, Government of India with support from United Nation Development Programme (UNDP) which aimed to strengthen access to justice particularly for women, scheduled castes, scheduled tribes and minorities.
She is a Member of Juvenile Justice Board and was nominated and attended a programme titled `Regional Consultation on Strengthening Restoration and Rehabilitation of Children under the Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children).
She is a Presiding Officer of The Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, 1967 (Islamic Research Foundation).
She was nominated and attended the “21st Annual Intensive Study Programme for Judicial Educators” held at Halifax, Canada; she also attended a "Comprehensive Mediation Training Programme titled “Mastering the Fundamentals of Mediation” held in the University of California, Hastings College of the Law, U.S.A. and was also nominated to attend the “Regional Preparatory Workshop for Launch of a Global Judicial Integrity Network” held at Bangkok, Thailand.
She has authored the following books :
* “An Exhaustive Guide to the Slum Area (Improvement & Clearance) Act, 1956" and relevant Rules published in the year 1998 which was foreword by Hon’ble Justice R. C. Lahoti, Chief Justice, Delhi High Court. The second edition of the same was published in the year 2009 which was foreword by Hon’ble Mr. Justice T. S. Thakur, Chief Justice of Punjab & Haryana High Court.
* “Commentary on–The Legal Services Authorities Act” which was published in the year 2012 which was foreword by Hon’ble Mr. Justice T. S. Thakur, Judge, Supreme Court of India followed by its Hindi translation “Vidhik Sewa Pradhikaran Adhiniyam, 1987” published in the year 2016.
* `Woman Know Thyself’ containing different laws relating to Women in India which was published in 2016 and released by Hon’ble Mr. Justice T.S. Thakur, Chief Justice, Supreme Court of India.
Justice A.K. Chawla
Justice A.K. ChawlaJustice A.K. Chawla was born on 20th October, 1958 at Ambala, Haryana. Did schooling from Kendriya Vidyalaya in 1975 and graduation in Science in the year 1978. Completed LL.B. in the year 1982 from Kurukshetra University. Was enrolled as an Advocate on 15th July, 1982 and practised in Delhi High Court and Delhi District Courts in Civil, Company and Labour cases. Since his appointment as Addl. District & Sessions Judge on 21st April, 1997, he has presided over various Civil and Criminal Courts. In June, 2003, he joined New Delhi Municipal Council as its Legal Advisor and on return in January, 2005, presided over Motor Accident Claim Tribunal. He is a trained Mediator under the aegis of Hon’ble MCPC of the Supreme Court of India and has been the Judge In-charge of Delhi Mediation Centre, Karkardooma Courts, Delhi, before being appointed Secretary General, Delhi High Court Arbitration Centre. He was appointed District Judge-II-cum-ASJ I/c (North), Tis Hazari Courts on 6th February, 2010 and then, from 11th March, 2011, was District Judge-III-cum-ASJ I/c (West), Tis Hazari Courts. Was appointed District & Sessions Judge (Hqs.), Delhi w.e.f. 17th April, 2013 before being elevated as Permanent Judge of Delhi High Court on 8th November, 2016.
Justice Vinod Goel
Justice Vinod Goel• Justice Vinod Goel was born on 7th August, 1957 in village Hassanpur, (now in District Palwal), Haryana, and did his schooling from Government High School, Hassanpur.
• Passed B.Com. from Vaish College, Rohtak affiliated to Maharishi Dayanand University, Rohtak.
• Did LL.B. from Panjab University, Chandigarh in April 1980.
• Awarded Certificate of Honour by Department of Laws, Panjab University, Chandigarh for securing highest marks in Criminology 4th Semester Examination in April, 1979.
• Did Diploma in Labour Laws in May, 1981 from The Indian Law Institute, New Delhi.
• Enrolled on the Roll of Advocates with the Bar Council of Punjab & Haryana on 30.7.1982.
• Did practice in District Courts at Faridabad and Sub-Divisional Courts at Palwal on Civil and Criminal side. Also conducted Labour, Service, Election Petitions, Claim Petitions & Revenue and Consolidation Matters.
• Joined Delhi Higher Judicial Service on 31.12.1997 (AN). Presided over Civil Courts, Motor Accident Claims Tribunal, CBI Courts.
• Is a Trained Mediator under the aegis of MCPC of Hon’ble Supreme Court and trained in Mediation by ISDLS. Presided over as Judge In-Charge, Mediation Cell, East District, Karkardooma Courts from 15.12.2009 – 31.07.2012.
• Posted as District & Sessions Judge, Shahdara on 01.03.2013. Oldest Sessions Case No.1/2006 CBI Vs. Santoshanand etc. (commonly known as L.N.Mishra Murder case) was disposed off on 08.12.2014 and order on sentence was passed on 18.12.2014.
• Appointed as Registrar General, High Court of Delhi on deputation with effect from 10.01.2015.
• Was administered oath as a permanent Judge of the High Court of Delhi on 08.11.2016.
Justice Chander Shekhar
Justice Chander Shekhar• Born on 26th January, 1958 in a small Village Hasole (Chokath), Tehsil Dehra, District Kangra, Himachal Pradesh in an Agricultural family.
• Did his Schooling from Harcourt Butler Sr. Secondary School, New Delhi, B.Com(P) from University of Delhi and then LL.B. Enrolled as an Advocate with the Bar Council of Delhi in the year 1982 and started practice on the Civil, Criminal and Industrial side in the Supreme Court of India, High Court of Delhi and Delhi District Courts.
• Joined Delhi Higher Judicial Service in the year 2000. Presided over Sessions Court, Civil Court, Judge NDPS, PO MACT, Rent Control Tribunal, Spl.Judge PC Act CBI. Expeditiously disposed of many cases including the most sensitive matter of Maulana Azad Medical College also known as “Khooni Darwaja Case”.
• Justice Chander Shekhar has written and compiled a book titled as ICT in Delhi Courts, which is a guide to the complete process of Computerization of Delhi District Courts and also formatted and designed District Courts User Manual in Hindi to make justice accessible to all. His keen interest and untiring efforts as Chairman, Computer Committee, Delhi District Courts continuously for six years resulted into Computerization of District Courts. Was also Chairman of various administrative Committees of the Delhi District Courts.
• Justice Chander Shekhar is a trained Mediator. Posted as Full time Coordinator, Mediation Centre, Rohini Courts, where he was instrumental in planning and making the Mediation Centre, Rohini Courts fully functional in the year 2009. Imparted training to the Advocates & Judge Mediators.
• Worked as a Reporter (Part-time), Indian Law Reports, Delhi.
• In 2010, was posted as Registrar (Case Flow Management), High Court of Delhi and more than three thousand matters after physical scrutiny were placed before various Courts and disposed off.
• In 2011, was appointed as Spl. Secretary (Law), Department of Law, Justice and Legislative Affairs, GNCT of Delhi having the additional charge of Secretary, Alternative Dispute Resolution/Director, Delhi Dispute Resolution Society.
• Became District & Sessions Judge (North), in March, 2013 and in December, 2013 as District & Sessions Judge (North-West), Delhi.
• In July, 2014 was posted as Registrar (Vigilance) High Court of Delhi, New Delhi.
• Attended many Seminars including ‘End to End-Court Technology’ held at Singapore as nominated by Hon’ble Supreme Court of India and Regional Workshop on Counter Terrorism held in Kathmandu, Nepal.
• Invited as resource person by Delhi Judicial Academy and various other Departments/Institutes.
• Elevated as Permanent Judge of High Court of Delhi on 8th November, 2016.
Justice Anu Malhotra
Justice Anu MalhotraJustice Anu Malhotra was born at Ahmedabad on 27th November, 1960. Did her schooling from Duruelo Convent, Bandra, Bombay and Junior College from Mithibai College of Science, Bombay. Graduated in B.Sc. from Daulat Ram College, University of Delhi in 1980 and completed LLB from the Campus Law Centre, University of Delhi in 1983. Joined the Delhi Judicial Service on 26th July, 1985 and was promoted to the Delhi Higher Judicial Service on 26th May, 2000. Is a trained Mediator trained under the aegis of the Hon’ble MCPC of the Supreme Court of India and is trained in Mediation by ISDLS (California) and trained as a Master Trainer by the CEDR, London at the ICADR, New Delhi and has imparted mediation training and trained several Mediators as Trainers in Mediation. Was the Director of the Delhi Judicial Academy, from mid 2009 to December, 2011 and is a Fellow of the Commonwealth Judicial Education Institute, Canada, and has been keenly involved in judicial education. Was the District and Sessions Judge, West District, Delhi from 6th May, 2013 to 27th April, 2015. Was the District and Sessions Judge South, Saket, New Delhi from 27th April, 2015 and has during the span of 31 years of judicial service adjudicated in a wide range of jurisdictions. Elevated as Permanent Judge of the High Court of Delhi on 8th November, 2016.
Justice Yogesh Khanna
Justice Yogesh KhannaJustice Yogesh Khanna was born on 31st December, 1961. Did B.Com (Hons.) from Delhi University in the year 1983; and thereafter, LL.B. from Campus Law Centre, Delhi in the year 1986. He began his legal profession at District Courts, Delhi in the year 1986.
In the year 2000 joined Delhi Higher Judicial Service. During his tenure in the District Courts, handled various cases including the Nirbhaya’s case. Had been District Judge of North-West District, Rohini Courts, Delhi.
Elevated as Permanent Judge of Delhi High Court on 08th November, 2016.